(1) To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. May Jehovah hear you in the day of trouble, the name of the God of Jacob set you on high,
(2) sending you help from the sanctuary, and upholding you out of Zion.
(3) He will remember all your offerings, and accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah.
(4) May He grant you according to your own heart, and fulfill all your plans.
(5) We will rejoice in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up banners; may Jehovah fulfill all your prayers.
(6) Now I know that Jehovah saves His anointed; He will hear him from His holy Heaven with the saving strengths of His right hand.
(7) Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of Jehovah our God.
(8) They have bowed down and fallen; but we have risen and stand upright.
(9) Save, O Jehovah; let the King hear us when we call.
(1) To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The king shall rejoice in Your strength, O Jehovah; and in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
(2) You have given him his heart’s desire, and have not withheld the prayer of his lips. Selah.
(3) For You go before him with the blessings of goodness; You set a crown of pure gold on his head.
(4) He asked life from You; You give to him length of days forever and ever.
(5) His glory is great in Your salvation; honor and majesty You have laid on him.
(6) For You have made him most blessed forever; You have rejoiced him in the gladness in Your holy face.
(7) For the king trusts in Jehovah, and in the mercy of the Most High; he shall not be moved.
(8) Your hand shall find out all Your enemies; Your right hand shall find out those who hate You.
(9) You shall make them as a fiery oven in the time of Your presence; Jehovah will swallow them up in His wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
(10) Their fruit shall You destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the sons of men.
(11) For they intended evil against You; they imagined a wicked thing; they are not able to prevail.
(12) For You shall make them turn the back; You shall make ready Your arrows on Your strings against their faces.
(13) Be exalted, O Jehovah, in Your strength; we will sing, and praise Your power.
(1) To the Chief Musician, on the deer of the dawn. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have You forsaken me, and are far from my deliverance, and from the words of my groaning?
(2) O my God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not answer; and in the night, and am not silent.
(3) But You are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.
(4) Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted, and You delivered them.
(5) They cried to You, and were delivered; they trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
(6) But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised by the people.
(7) All who see Me mock me; they shoot out the lip; they shake the head, saying,
(8) He trusted on Jehovah; let Him deliver Him; let Him rescue Him, since He delights in Him!
(9) For You are He who took Me out of the womb, causing Me to trust while on My mother’s breasts.
(10) I was cast on You from the womb; You are My God from My mother’s belly.
(11) Be not far from Me; for trouble is near, for there is none to help.
(12) Many bulls have circled around Me; strong bulls Of Bashan have surrounded Me.
(13) They opened wide their mouths on Me, like a ripping and a roaring lion.
(14) I am poured out like water, and all My bones are spread apart; My heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of My bowels.
(15) My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and My tongue clings to My jaws;
(16) and You have brought Me into the dust of death. For dogs have circled around Me; the band of spoilers have hemmed Me in, piercers of My hands and My feet.
(17) I can count all My bones; they look and stare at Me.
(18) They divide My garments among them and cast lots for My clothing.
(19) But You, O Jehovah, be not far from Me; O My strength, hurry to help Me!
(20) Deliver My soul from the sword, My only one from the dog’s hand.
(21) Save Me from the lion’s mouth; from the wild oxen’s horns. You have answered Me.
(22) I will declare Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise You.
(23) You who fear Jehovah, praise Him; all of you, the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; and fear Him all the seed of Israel.
(24) For He has not despised nor hated the affliction of the afflicted; and He has not hidden His face from him, but when he cried to Him, He heard.
(25) My praise shall be of You in the great congregation; I will pay My vows before the ones who fear Him.
(26) The meek shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek Jehovah shall praise Him; your heart shall live forever.
(27) All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to Jehovah; and all the families of the nations shall worship before You.
(28) For the kingdom is Jehovah’s; and He is the ruler among the nations.
(29) All the fat ones on the earth shall eat and worship; all those who go down to the dust shall bow before Him; and none can keep alive his own soul.
(30) A seed shall serve Him; it shall be spoken of Jehovah to the coming generation.
(31) They shall come, and shall declare His righteousness to a people that shall yet be born, that He has done this.
(1) A Psalm of David. Jehovah is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
(2) He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
(3) He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
(4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
(5) You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.
(6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah forever.
(1) A Psalm of David. The earth is Jehovah’s, and the fullness of it; the world, and those who dwell in it.
(2) For He has founded it on the seas, and established it on the rivers.
(3) Who shall go up into the hill of Jehovah? Or who shall stand in His holy place?
(4) He who has clean hands and a pure heart; who has not lifted up his soul to vanity, and has not sworn deceitfully.
(5) He shall receive the blessing from Jehovah, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
(6) This is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face, O God of Jacob. Selah.
(7) Lift up your heads, O gates; and be lifted up, O everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(8) Who is this King of glory? Jehovah strong and mighty, Jehovah mighty in battle.
(9) Lift up your heads, O gates; even lift up, O everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(10) Who is this King of glory? Jehovah of Hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah.
Note the strong ‘Two Ways’ vocabulary.
(1) A Psalm of David. To You, O Jehovah, I lift up my soul.
(2) O my God, I trust in You; do not let me be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me.
(3) Yea, let none who wait on You be ashamed; let them be ashamed who sin without cause.
(4) Make me know Your ways, O Jehovah; teach me Your paths.
(5) Lead me in Your truth, and teach me; for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day long.
(6) Remember, O Jehovah, Your tender mercies and Your loving-kindnesses; for they are from eternity.
(7) Do not remember the sins of my youth, or my rebellings; according to Your mercy remember me for Your goodness’ sake, O Jehovah.
(8) Good and upright is Jehovah; therefore He will teach sinners in the way.
(9) The meek He will guide in judgment; and the meek He will teach His way.
(10) All the paths of Jehovah are mercy and truth to those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.
(11) For Your name’s sake, O Jehovah, pardon my iniquity; for it is great.
(12) What man is he who fears Jehovah? He shall teach him in the way that he shall choose.
(13) His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
(14) The secret of Jehovah is with those who fear Him; and He will show them His covenant.
(15) My eyes are ever toward Jehovah; for He shall pluck my feet out of the net.
(16) Turn to me, and have mercy on me, for I am wasted and afflicted.
(17) The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses.
(18) Look on my affliction and my pain, and forgive all my sins.
(19) Look on my enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
(20) Keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.
(21) Let purity and uprightness keep me; for I wait on You.
(22) Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.
(1) A Psalm of David. Judge me, O Jehovah; for I have walked in my truthfulness. I have trusted also in Jehovah; I shall not slide.
(2) Examine me, O Jehovah, and prove me; purify my heart and my mind.
(3) For Your loving-kindness is before my eyes; and I have walked in Your truth.
(4) I have not sat with lying men, neither will I go in with hypocrites.
(5) I have hated the congregation of evil-doers, and will not sit with the wicked.
(6) I will wash my hands in innocency; so I will go around Your altar, O Jehovah,
(7) so that I may cry out with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wonderful works.
(8) Jehovah, I have loved the dwelling place of Your house, and the place where Your honor dwells.
(9) Do not take away my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men
(10) in whose hands is a plot, and their right hand is full of a bribe.
(11) But I will walk in my truthfulness; redeem me and be merciful to me.
(12) My foot stands in an even place; in the congregations I will bless Jehovah.
(1) A Psalm of David. Jehovah is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Jehovah is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
(2) When the wicked, my enemies and my foes, came on me to eat my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
(3) Though an army should camp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this I am trusting.
(4) One thing I have desired from Jehovah, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of Jehovah, and to pray in His temple.
(5) For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His shelter, in the secrecy of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me up on a rock.
(6) And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies, my encirclers; and I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle. I will sing; yea, I will sing praises to Jehovah.
(7) Hear, O Jehovah, when I cry with my voice; and have mercy on me, and answer me.
(8) My heart says to You, Seek my face; Your face, O Jehovah, I will seek;
(9) Hide not Your face from me. Turn not Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
(10) When my father and my mother forsake me, then Jehovah will take me up.
(11) Teach me Your way, O Jehovah, and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies.
(12) Deliver me not over to the will of my enemies; for false witnesses have risen up against me, and he that breathes out cruelty.
(13) I would have fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of Jehovah in the land of the living.
(14) Hope in Jehovah; be of good courage, and He shall make your heart strong; yea, hope in Jehovah.
(1) A Psalm of David. I will cry to You, O Jehovah; my Rock, do not be deaf to me, lest, if You be silent to me, I become like those who go down into the pit.
(2) Hear the voice of my prayers, when I cry to You, when I lift up my hands toward Your Holy Place.
(3) Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, who speak peace to their neighbors, yet evil is in their hearts.
(4) Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their practices, give them according to the work of their hands; give them what they deserve.
(5) Because they do not pay attention to the works of Jehovah and to the work of His hands, He shall destroy them and never build them up.
(6) Blessed is Jehovah, because He has heard the voice of my prayers.
(7) Jehovah is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song I will praise Him.
(8) Jehovah is a strength to them, and He is the saving strength of His anointed.
(9) Save Your people, and bless Your inheritance; feed them also, and lift them up forever.
(1) A Psalm of David. Give to Jehovah, O you mighty, give to Jehovah glory and strength.
(2) Give to Jehovah the glory due to His name; worship Jehovah in the beauty of holiness.
(3) The voice of Jehovah is on the waters; the God of glory thunders; Jehovah is above many waters.
(4) The voice of Jehovah is in power, the voice of Jehovah is in majesty.
(5) The voice of Jehovah breaks the cedars; yea, Jehovah breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
(6) He also makes them to skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
(7) The voice of Jehovah goes through flames of fire.
(8) The voice of Jehovah shakes the wilderness; Jehovah shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
(9) The voice of Jehovah causes the does to calve, and uncovers the forests; and in His temple all of it is saying, Glory!
(10) Jehovah sits on the flood; yea, Jehovah sits as King forever.
(11) Jehovah will give strength to His people; Jehovah will bless His people with peace.