(1) Blessed is the man who has not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, and has not stood in the way of sinners, and has not sat in the seat of the scornful.
(2) But his delight is only in the Law of Jehovah; and in His Law he meditates day and night.
(3) And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivulets of water that brings forth its fruit in its seasons, and its leaf shall not wither, and all which he does shall be blessed.
(4) The wicked are not so, but are like chaff which the wind drives away.
(5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
(6) For Jehovah knows the way of the righteous; but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
(1) Why do the nations rage, and the peoples meditate on a vain thing?
(2) The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers plot together, against Jehovah and against His anointed, saying,
(3) Let us break their bands in two and cast away their cords from us.
(4) He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; Jehovah shall mock at them.
(5) Then He shall speak to them in His anger, and trouble them in His wrath.
(6) Yea, I have set My king on My holy hill, on Zion.
(7) I will declare the decree of Jehovah. He has said to Me, You are My Son; today I have begotten You.
(8) Ask of Me, and I shall give the nations for Your inheritance; and the uttermost parts of the earth for Your possession.
(9) You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
(10) And now be wise, O kings; be instructed, O judges of the earth.
(11) Serve Jehovah with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
(12) Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled in but a little time. Blessed are all who put their trust in Him.
(1) A Psalm of David, when he fled from his son Absalom. O Lord, how my foes have increased! Many are the ones who rise up against me.
(2) Many are saying of my soul, There is no deliverance for him in God. Selah.
(3) But You, O Jehovah, are a shield for me; my glory, the One who lifts up my head.
(4) I cried to Jehovah with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill. Selah.
(5) I laid down and slept. I awoke, for Jehovah kept me.
(6) I am not afraid of ten thousands of people who have set against me all around.
(7) Arise, O Jehovah; save me, O my God; for You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone. You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.
(8) Salvation belongs to Jehovah. Your blessing is on Your people. Selah.
(1) To the Chief Musician, for stringed instruments. A Psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness; You gave room to me in trouble; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.
(2) O sons of men, how long will you turn My glory into shame? Will you love vanity and seek after a lie? Selah.
(3) But know that Jehovah has set apart the godly for Himself. Jehovah hears when I call to Him.
(4) Tremble, and sin not; speak within your own heart on your bed and be still. Selah.
(5) Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and trust in Jehovah.
(6) There are many who say, Who will show us any good? Jehovah, lift up the light of Your face on us.
(7) You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their grain and their wine increased.
(8) I will lie down, both in peace and in sleep. For You alone, Jehovah, make me dwell in safety.
(1) To the Chief Musician, for flutes. A Psalm of David. Give ear to my words, O Jehovah; consider my meditation.
(2) Listen to the voice of my cry, my King and my God; for to You I will pray.
(3) My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Jehovah; in the morning I will direct my prayer to You, and I will look up.
(4) For You are not a God that enjoys wickedness; nor shall evil dwell with You.
(5) The foolish shall not stand in Your sight. You hate all doers of iniquity.
(6) You shall destroy those who speak lies; Jehovah will despise the bloody and deceitful man.
(7) But I, in the abundance of Your grace, I will come into Your house; I will worship in Your fear toward Your holy temple.
(8) Lead me, O Jehovah, in Your righteousness, because of my enemies; make Your way straight before my face.
(9) For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is wickedness; their throat is an open grave; they flatter with their tongue.
(10) Hold them guilty, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they have rebelled against You.
(11) But let all who put their trust in You rejoice; let them always shout for joy, because You defend them. And let those who love Your name be joyful in You.
(12) For You; O Jehovah, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.
(1) To the Chief Musician, for eight-stringed instruments. A Psalm of David. O Jehovah, rebuke me not in Your anger, nor chasten me in the heat of Your fury.
(2) Have mercy on me, O Jehovah, for I am weak; O Jehovah, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
(3) My soul also is exceedingly troubled; but You, O Jehovah, how long?
(4) Return, O Jehovah, return; deliver my soul; save me for Your mercy’s sake.
(5) For in death there is no memory of You; in the grave who shall give You thanks?
(6) I am weary in my groaning; all the night I make my bed swim; I melt my couch with my tears.
(7) My eye is dim because of grief; it wastes away because of all my enemies.
(8) Depart from me, all workers of iniquity; for Jehovah has heard the voice of my weeping.
(9) Jehovah has heard my cry; Jehovah will receive my prayer.
(10) Let all my enemies be ashamed and exceedingly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed in a moment.
(1) A song of David, which he sang to Jehovah, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite. O Jehovah my God, in You I put my trust; save me from all who pursue me, and deliver me,
(2) lest he tear my soul like a lion, tearing it in pieces, and there is no one to deliver.
(3) O Jehovah my God, if I have done this; if there is iniquity in my hands;
(4) if I have rewarded evil to my friend, or if I have delivered one oppressing me without cause;
(5) let the enemy persecute my soul and take it; yea, let him trample down my life on the earth and lay my honor in the dust. Selah.
(6) Arise, O Jehovah, in Your anger; lift up Yourself because of the rage of my enemies, and awake for me to the judgment which You have commanded.
(7) And the congregation of the peoples shall surround You; and over it You will return on high.
(8) Jehovah shall judge the people; judge me, O Jehovah, according to my righteousness, and according to my integrity on me.
(9) O let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just. For the righteous God tries the minds and hearts.
(10) My defense is from God, who saves the upright in heart.
(11) God judges the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
(12) If he does not turn, He will whet His sword; He has bent His bow and made it ready.
(13) Yea, He has fitted him for instruments of death; He has made His arrows hotly pursue.
(14) Behold, he labors in pain with iniquity, and he has conceived mischief, and has brought forth falsehood.
(15) He dug a pit and bored it, and has fallen into the ditch which he made.
(16) His mischief shall return on his own head, and his violence shall come on his own crown.
(17) I will praise Jehovah according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of Jehovah most high.
(1) To the Chief Musician, on the harp. A Psalm of David. O Jehovah our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth! You have set Your glory above the heavens!
(2) Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings You have ordained strength, because of ones vexing You, to cause the enemy and the avenger to cease.
(3) When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars which You have established;
(4) what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man, that You visit him?
(5) For You have made him lack a little from God, and have crowned him with glory and honor.
(6) You made him rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet:
(7) all sheep and oxen, yes, and the beasts of the field;
(8) the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, and all that pass through the paths of the seas.
(9) O Jehovah, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth!
(1) To the Chief Musician. To die for the Son. A Psalm of David. I will praise You, O Jehovah, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
(2) I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.
(3) When my enemies have turned back, they shall fall and perish before You.
(4) For You have maintained my right and my cause; You sat in the throne judging right.
(5) You have rebuked the heathen, You have destroyed the wicked, You have put out their name forever and ever.
(6) The desolations of the enemy have come to an end forever, and You have destroyed the cities; their memorial has perished with them.
(7) But Jehovah shall endure forever; He has prepared His throne for judgment.
(8) And He shall judge the world in righteousness; He shall judge the peoples in uprightness.
(9) Jehovah also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
(10) And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Jehovah, have not forsaken those who seek You.
(11) Sing praises to Jehovah, who dwells in Zion; declare among the nations His deeds.
(12) For He remembers them, the seekers of bloodshed; He forgets not the cry of the humble.
(13) Have mercy on me, O Jehovah; see my trouble from those who hate me, You who lift me up from the gates of death,
(14) so that I may declare all Your praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion; I will rejoice in Your salvation.
(15) The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made; their foot is caught in the net which they hid.
(16) Jehovah is known. He has executed judgment; the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. A meditation. Selah.
(17) The wicked shall be turned into hell, all the nations that forget God.
(18) For the needy shall not always be forgotten; the hope of the poor shall not perish forever.
(19) Arise, O Jehovah; let not man be strong. Let the nations be judged in Your sight.
(20) Put them in fear, O Jehovah, let the nations know they are but men. Selah.